Roadmap

Topics: Development, User Feedback
Mar 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM

First, it works well and I am happy to see there are more people that do not want these stuffed CMS-es. Thanks for realizing this brigth idea.

Some integration between custom application and cms is required though, so I am interested to hear where this ends in your opinion.  

* Would the cms take care of user registration and roles for example?

* Would it be wise to register MVC routes from other controllers/areas in the sitemap? The benefit would be to create menu's from one source. You could allow a content manager to mix and sort cms-pages and custom controller-routes, but you dont want them to change the route itself.

Do you have a roadmap and planning? What could be in release 1.0 and 2.0, or is the 0.2 release almost final?

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Edited Mar 16, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Integration with users and roles can be done via an existing ASP.NET membership provider. When Actya detects a configured membership provider, you can select it during installation. For now, it then only creates a 'CmsAdministrators' role and adds the CMS admin user when it not exists. I'm not sure whether we need user and role management in Actya itself.

it's perfectly fine to register MVC controller actions as links in the sitemap. It's specifically designed to not only allow CMS pages/links but also others. Also, when an ASP.NET SiteMapProvider is configured, Actya can automatically synchronize this provider with its own SiteMap. The SampleWebFormsApp project does this btw.

There is no real road map atm because I'm still collection feedback so your remarks are appreciated very much! 

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Is this project still alive?  Wondering what the status is as it sounds exactly what I have been looking for...  most other CMSs if not all are way to engrained in their own respective paradigms. Feels way to locked in for my tastes - as well as Rob Connery's.  Looking forward to this project taking off!

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I put this project on Codeplex, mainly to see what people think about it. The amount of responses so far have been pretty low, so I decided to more or less put it on hold, also because of time constraints on my side.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Cool, well I'll definitely use utilize this in my apps and if there is something that I see that can be added I'll gladly contribute back to the project!